NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to NI Dynamic Signal Acquisition Soft Front Panel

The NI DSA Soft Front Panels consist of an installer that provides 2 exectuables.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-35188

The NI Dynamic Signal Analyzer provides a graphical interface to control NI Dynamic Signal Acquisition analog input channels. Data can be viewed in both the time and frequency domain to examine and understand both the NI HW performance and how it interacts with your other test equipment.

The NI Dynamic Signal Generator provides a graphical interface to control NI Dynamic Signal Acquistion analog output channels. It provides several different signal generation types and allows for evaluation of the analog output channels when paired with the NI Dynamic Signal Analzyer.

Please provide feedback in this discussion on your experience and any requests you would have for additions to either the DSG or DSA soft front panel.

Message 1 of 24
(13,149 Views)

When pushing the Save button and choosing a file name the error in my screen shot apears. Any Idea?

Best Regards
Jonas Mäki
Systems Developer
Novator Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(8,865 Views)

Solved it, I changed the default save folder and then it worked! Or I just made my user get access to change this folder which was not default on my or customers computer.

Best Regards
Jonas Mäki
Systems Developer
Novator Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(8,865 Views)

Hello Again!

My customer who is trying this DSA SFP out noticed that the maximum block he could log was 9.5seconds. He would like to have this at 60s (or configurable). Looking at the error that occurs I can think this is related to the time out constant which is default to 10s on the DAQmx read function.vi...

The block size doesn't nessesarly need to be larget but the real problem is to be able to log all data that have been acquired.

Best Regards
Jonas Mäki
Systems Developer
Novator Solutions
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(8,865 Views)

The DSA SFP only saves a single block of data, and you are correct that the default timeout of 10 s limits the maximum block size. The soft front panels in this release do not support logging (continuous, periodic, nor signal-based trigger).

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(8,865 Views)

Okey that is unfortunate, will i possible be implemented? or will this be something you have to build your self with S&V measurement suite?

Best Regards
Jonas Mäki
Systems Developer
Novator Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(8,865 Views)

It will be possible for customers to build into the DSA SFP Sample Project that will ship in a future version of the Sound and Vibration Toolkit/Measurement Suite. We are still considering target levels of support for logging in the SFP and other software.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
Message 7 of 24
(8,865 Views)

Just wanted to confirm that the DSA and DSG Sample Projects shipped with SV 2014 and SV 2015.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(8,865 Views)

Finite-duration logging up to 60 s has been added to the 2016 version of the DSA SFP which posted today. In the Settings dialog users can configure logging duration between 1 and 60 s.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(8,865 Views)

Use any of the TDMS viewers available on the LabVIEW Tools Network. For instance, Scout by Signal.X Technologies is a free data viewer and property editor.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(8,865 Views)