From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI VeriStand FPGA-Based I/O Interface Tools Discussion

The debug version does not install anything at all. The dialog is wrong. It simply creates a text file on your desktop with debug information. Can you attach that text file to this thread so I can look?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 91
(4,537 Views)

For your information I attached the log anyway.

Thank you very much for your time and effort!

yelingxing

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011
C:\Users\chenmuyuan\Desktop\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+ 1.1.1\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+\Files\2010
resource
Targets
user.lib
C:\Users\chenmuyuan\Desktop\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+ 1.1.1\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+\Files\2010\resource
C:\Users\chenmuyuan\Desktop\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+ 1.1.1\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+\Files\2010\Targets
C:\Users\chenmuyuan\Desktop\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+ 1.1.1\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+\Files\2010\user.lib
C:\Users\chenmuyuan\Desktop\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+ 1.1.1\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+\Files\2011

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 91
(4,536 Views)

Hello Stephen,

I want to report a bug about Ni 9217 RTD module Ni Veristand FPGA Library. XML example has bug in 9217 4Ch RTD Input.vi

</Parameters> is missing. Because of that Veristand gets an error.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 91
(4,536 Views)

Fixed! Thank you for letting me know

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 91
(4,536 Views)

Hi Stephen,

I get the same error as Tobias and yelingxing... I am using Labview 2011 SP1 and Windows XP.

I used the NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools Installer_DEBUG.vi, and you can find attached the log file I get.

Regards,

Maxime

D:\Documents and Settings\mderbois-ext\Mes documents\Téléchargements\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+\Files\2010

resource

Targets

user.lib

D:\Documents and Settings\mderbois-ext\Mes documents\Téléchargements\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+\Files\2010\resource

D:\Documents and Settings\mderbois-ext\Mes documents\Téléchargements\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+\Files\2010\Targets

D:\Documents and Settings\mderbois-ext\Mes documents\Téléchargements\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+\Files\2010\user.lib

D:\Documents and Settings\mderbois-ext\Mes documents\Téléchargements\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+\Files\2011

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 91
(4,536 Views)

So you see the error 6 dialog?

Can you try a few things:

• Try running the installer from a different location (instead of D)
  • Try running LabVIEW with admin privledges

If this doesn't work, you can always manually install by copying the folders from inside here:

D:\Documents and Settings\mderbois-ext\Mes documents\Téléchargements\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+\Files\2010

To here:

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 91
(4,536 Views)

Thank you !

It is working when I run the installer from C.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 91
(4,536 Views)

Hi Stephen,

Is it possible to take advantage of hybrid mode of FPGA with this tool ?

I would like to use some channels with FPGA and some with the Scan Engine (with EtherCAT and Scan Engine Custom Device).

As Scan Engine is taking 2 DMA FIFO and this tool 2 as well, I guess it is not possible...

Thanks for your time and help,

Maxime

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 91
(4,536 Views)

Good question. As you noticed, it is only possible for targets with 4 or more DMA FIFOs... which is only the 9075 and 9076 chassis (note, these do not support the 986x XNET modules).

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 91
(4,536 Views)

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for starting the discussion.

I am trying to implement two PWM channels on FPGA whose frequency, duty and phase difference can be runtime

changed by the application running on RT. That is , the values of frequency, duty and phase difference should be passed

by the application on RT to the FPGA and accordingly PWM's should be generated.

My RT is PXI-8186 and FPGA is PXI-7831R.

I am following the tutorial on link: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13815

But i am not able to do it successfully. There seems a problem in communication between RT and FPGA.

I have used "square wave generation block" which has controllable frequency, duty and phase.

I am attaching the entire project below.

Please guide.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 91
(4,535 Views)