NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI VeriStand FPGA-Based I/O Interface Tools Discussion

Hi Gaurav_Singla,

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town and just saw this.

Good news is, I know exactly what you need to do. Look at this: FPGA Personality Example: Variable Duty Cycle & Frequency PWM generation and measurement

Should be what you need!

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 91
(4,109 Views)

Hi,

I am unable to install FPGA Based I/O tools for VeriStand 2011. I tried placing the folder in program files/labview 2011. It goes through the installation but it does not install. After the process is completed, Error 7 pops up. Any suggestions to solve this issue will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 91
(4,109 Views)

Cont from the previous post - Issues about installation on VeriStand 2011

I forgot to add this in my previous post - When I extract files, it asks me for a password for certain files.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 91
(4,109 Views)

You should not extract the files to program files. This is an installer. Just extract it to a temp location like your desktop and run the installer VI. I've made a video of this process to be clear: http://screencast.com/t/kCdoLDyhd

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 91
(4,109 Views)

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the quick response.

I followed the whole process in your video.Still after installation is complete, VeriStand FPGA tools are not installed and I get error 7. Did you try the installation on  VeriStand 2011?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 91
(4,109 Views)

Can you post the full text of the error?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 91
(4,109 Views)

Also, can you verify you have LV FPGA installed? (it is required)

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 91
(4,109 Views)

Error 7 occurred at List Folder in NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools Installer.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS X, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.

=========================

NI-488:  Nonexistent GPIB interface.

C:\Documents and Settings\tulauser1.TRAVERSE\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+ 1.1.2.zip\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+\Files\2010

I have FPGA module installed

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 91
(4,109 Views)

You are running the VI from inside the zip file. Please be sure to follow the video and extract the folder to a temporary directory before running the installer VI.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 91
(4,109 Views)

Hi Stephen,

I did everything as outlined in your video. Still I get Error 7. I will try to re-intall labview and will try installing FPGA tools.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 91
(4,109 Views)