From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI VeriStand FPGA-Based I/O Interface Tools Discussion

Hi Gaurav_Singla,

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town and just saw this.

Good news is, I know exactly what you need to do. Look at this: FPGA Personality Example: Variable Duty Cycle & Frequency PWM generation and measurement

Should be what you need!

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 91
(4,250 Views)

Hi,

I am unable to install FPGA Based I/O tools for VeriStand 2011. I tried placing the folder in program files/labview 2011. It goes through the installation but it does not install. After the process is completed, Error 7 pops up. Any suggestions to solve this issue will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 91
(4,250 Views)

Cont from the previous post - Issues about installation on VeriStand 2011

I forgot to add this in my previous post - When I extract files, it asks me for a password for certain files.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 91
(4,250 Views)

You should not extract the files to program files. This is an installer. Just extract it to a temp location like your desktop and run the installer VI. I've made a video of this process to be clear: http://screencast.com/t/kCdoLDyhd

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 91
(4,250 Views)

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the quick response.

I followed the whole process in your video.Still after installation is complete, VeriStand FPGA tools are not installed and I get error 7. Did you try the installation on  VeriStand 2011?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 91
(4,250 Views)

Can you post the full text of the error?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 91
(4,250 Views)

Also, can you verify you have LV FPGA installed? (it is required)

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 91
(4,250 Views)

Error 7 occurred at List Folder in NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools Installer.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS X, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.

=========================

NI-488:  Nonexistent GPIB interface.

C:\Documents and Settings\tulauser1.TRAVERSE\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+ 1.1.2.zip\NI VeriStand FPGA Interface Tools 2010+\Files\2010

I have FPGA module installed

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 91
(4,250 Views)

You are running the VI from inside the zip file. Please be sure to follow the video and extract the folder to a temporary directory before running the installer VI.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 91
(4,250 Views)

Hi Stephen,

I did everything as outlined in your video. Still I get Error 7. I will try to re-intall labview and will try installing FPGA tools.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 91
(4,250 Views)