NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI System Configuration API

Yes, NI System Configuration 5.0 will support LabVIEW 8.6 through LabVIEW 2011.  Right now the LV 2011 beta will be the easiest way to get a copy of it, but after it releases we will provide NI System Configuration 5.0 as a separate individual download on ni.com.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 96
(4,794 Views)

Ok, I did the LV2011 platform installation and noticed that in the LV 2011 and LV 2010 vi.lib there is a folder called nisyscfg that contains the same vi's with the date of 1/26/2011.  Is this correct?  Does the LV2011

installer overwrite the LV2010 syscfg files?  It appears that something is wrong since the behavior of the Set System Image vi is still the same in that it blows up on the startup.alias file.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 96
(4,794 Views)

That was just the first beta.  There should be a second one available shortly that will include the fix.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 96
(4,794 Views)

I tried the LV2011b2 installation but did not see that the system configuration files had been updated.  Do I need the platform dvd release to get the new files?

I will need to do the 2011 installation on another machine and then copy over the new sysconfig files, will I see a 2010 version installed and what will I need to copy over to my dev. machine?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 96
(4,794 Views)

Hi sachsm,

We've placed the beta2 version of System Configuration 5.0 that contains the fix up on our public FTP here:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/outgoing/sachsm.zip

Please download and extract the .zip, then run setup.exe to install this distribution. Note that files are removed from our public FTP 48 hours after they're posted, so if you're not able to download the file in time let me know and I can reupload it.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 96
(4,794 Views)

Great thanks!  If I install on a personal machine will I be able to just copy certain sysconfig files to the LV2010SP1 development machine to invoke the fix?  The reason is that I would rather minimize the amount of LV2011 stuff that would get mixed up into my LV2010 machine.  I noticed from earlier experience that the System Configuration 5.0 has its hands in just about everything.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 96
(4,794 Views)

No, the only way to get the fix is to run the distribution on the machine you would like to test.  The one on the FTP server is about as small as it can get.  As you pointed out it has a lot of dependencies and if its dependenciences are not fully met it will not load or run properly.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 96
(4,794 Views)

Looks like the System Configuration 5.0 installation requires LVRT2011 to be installed .  Unfortunately I cannot do that on our system,  I guess I will have to come up with a plan B.

Could you explain what is causing the problem with the .alias file when attemping to deploy to a cRIO target?  Is it a problem with the RT runtime or is it on the windows side?

As a fix could I remove the .alias file from the image archive and then after replicating to the cRIO, FTP the .alias file back in place and then reinstate it in the image archive?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 96
(4,794 Views)

NI System Configuration 5.0 DOES NOT require LVRT 2011.  It just mearly supports it.  Just to be clear you do not need to install NI System Configuration to the target.  It just needs to be on the host if all you want to do is take an image.

However, if you need to work around the issue with the current version you can remove the .alias from the image, before you deploy the application and that should avoid the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 96
(4,794 Views)

Oh yeah - another thing...I know its probably not your fault but the System Configuration 5.0 uninstall will totally mess up your previous LV2010SP1 installation.  It is so screwed up that I had to remove all NI software and start over again and yes I did a system restore but even that did not fix the mess.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 96
(4,794 Views)