NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI FlexRIO Development Tools Discussion

I installed the FIDL 1.3 with the included 5772/7966R example into \LabVIEW 2015\instr.lib\FliexRIO\Libraries. Running the host and included example bitfile for the 7966R target works fine (Acq Enginee 5772 - PXI-7966R project).

I am trying to recompile the “FPGA Top Generic PXIe.vi” [without any source code changes], but getting Error -61175, FPGA FIFO Node is not wired with constant FPGA FIFO Name. This error points to two Register Reads functions (U32 Register and Bool Register). Since this is an out of the box compilation, I would expect that compiling works?

What needs to be modified in order to compile this code?

Thank You.

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 52
(1,397 Views)

I downloaded and installed NI FlexRIO Instrument Development Library 1.3.4. However, I do not have the example appearing on my system. See the image below. From reading the NI lab toolkits page (https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Labs-Toolkits/NI-FlexRIO-Development-Tools/ta-p/3517734) It does not look like I need to install the examples on their own.  I am running a PXIe-8840 embedded controller with a PXIe-7965 flexRIO and an NI 5734 adapter module.  I am running LabVIEW 2016 and FlexRIO 16.0.

If I do install the examples, (even though I don't think I should) I am able to open an example but it is missing some VIs. I have included the list of missing VIs as an attachment. I think these are also missing before I installed the examples.  I should not need to compile or add them myself right?

Is there a way to manage this library through NI MAX? Or is this library its own program that I just need to uninstall through the Window's control panel. 

Any help would be appreciated.

All the best,

Austin. 

FIDL_3.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 52
(1,297 Views)