From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx for myDAQ on Mac OS X Discussion

12. sep. 2016 kl. 23:25 skrev BriBear <web.community@ni.com>:

NI Community

Re: NI-DAQmx for myDAQ on Mac OS X Discussion

created by BriBear in NI Labs - View the full discussion

Hi JanValdres,

We do not know when the drivers specifically for 10.11.6 will be available. I am interested in hearing more about the problems your students are experiencing when upgrading their OS.

When starting the oscilloscope app after upgrade, the following error message results:

Error -200324 occurred at DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Voltage-Basic).vi:1780001

Possible reason(s):

NI-DAQmx is unable to communicate with the device. Make sure the device is present in and accessible to the system, is not currently being reset, and is not reserved by another driver such as Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy).

Task Name: _unnamedTask<1>

Have the students tried repairing/ reinstalling the drivers since their upgrade?

Torstein: Do you know if any such attempts have been made?

Best regards,

- Lars Lundheim ("JanValdres")

Feel free to post or message me and we can discuss more.

-Briana

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

Start a new discussion in NI Labs by email or at Community

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 37
(5,491 Views)

Hi bfeeny,

To directly answer your questions:

1. Does this version number (9.7.0b4) refer to the version of NI-DAQmx for myDAQ?

Yes, this is the appropriate version of DAQmx to be shown for the most current version of NI-DAQmx for myDAQ.

2. Is there any other software I should be installing for basic DAQ and LabVIEW functionality? any newer versions?

No, there are no newer versions and you should not necessarily have to install other software.  Do keep in mind that the current version of DAQmx of myDAQ on Mac OS was not developed specifically for 10.11.6.

3. I am concerned that the applications in Applications->National Instruments->NI-DAQmx Base such as FWUpdate, lsdaq, mxbaseconfig report "No NI-DAQmx Base USB Devices Found." when I click on "Refresh Device List".  Does anyone know what could be the matter?

myDAQ will not show up as an NI-DAQmx Base device. It will be associated with the separate DAQmx for myDAQ on OS X. Being able to see your device in the myDAQ utility and being able to self-test is a good indicator that your device has been associated correctly.

However, the error that you and JanValdres are experiencing (-200324) indicates that the device is not available to the driver. There's a potential for this to be related to OS version, but I am still looking into this.

-Briana

Briana P.
Licensing
Sr SW Engineering Manager | NI R&D
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 37
(5,491 Views)

Thank you for the information!

Could you please point me/us to the download link for the most recent DAQmx for MacOSX to drive a myDAQ. I just successfully configured a MacPro equipped with a Thunderbolt to PCIe chassis with two NI-PCIe-6251 boards inside that are driven by LabVIEW 2016 and DAQmx Base 15.0. I would actually like to test if I can at the same time drive a myDAQ with the DAQmx for MacOSX. I hope the installation of the later will not affect the performance of the DAQmx Base and the boards in the Thunderbolt extension chassis though.

Thank you!

Urs

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 37
(5,491 Views)

Hi Urs,

Here is the link for myDAQ for MAC OS X: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-39065

-Briana

Briana P.
Licensing
Sr SW Engineering Manager | NI R&D
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 37
(5,491 Views)

Hi Briana,

Thanks a lot for the link. I will try it out tomorrow and I shall report back here.

Happy wireworks

Urs

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 37
(5,491 Views)

Hi Briana and fellow wireworkers,

OK, in the meantime by following your link I downloaded that DAQmx for MacOSX to power a myDAQ and installed it onto a MacPro MacOSX10.11.6/ 64bit LabVIEW 2015/LabVIEW 2016+addon/DAQmx Base 15 installation. The installer puts out a warning that MacOS 10.11.6 is not supported but that it will install anyway. So I did. Good news is that it does not seem to corrupt the working DAQmx Base functionality. Actually the readme of the driver mentions that only up to LabVIEW2014 is supported and accordingly the DAQmx installer does not copy anything into the LabVIEWXXXX folders (no DAQmx examples etc.). This may be the whole problem really.

Actually running the DAQmx Test Panel with a connected myDAQ recognizes the device but when starting any sorts of actual measurement the Test Panel application turns out an error -200324.

So it looks as if DAQmx for MacOSX to run the myDAQ in a modern MacOS/LabVIEW distribution combo needs an update! Please do communicate this to the developer(s) in charge. To have the myDAQ running on MacOSX is important specially in the educational domain!

Happy wireworking yours

Urs

Message 26 of 37
(5,492 Views)

I have done the same as you, UrsL, with the same results. I have tried both the DAQmx Base 14 and 15 and with LabView 2014 and Labview 2016.

This problem occured exactly when I upgraded from OSX 10.11.5 to 10.11.6, and the same happened to other students when they upgraded. An update for the myDAQ OSX drivers are needed.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 37
(5,492 Views)

torstbol,

It sounds like you confuse DAQmx Base with DAQmx for MacOS. The later is only to drive that one little myDAQ and nothing else. In my system DAQmx Base works with the devices I tested (mostly I use NI-PCIe-6251 Multifunction DAQ boards) under LV2016 on MacOS 10.11.6. It's the DAQmx for the myDAQ which produces the error. The two are different types of drivers. DAQmx Base is a driver that is essentially coded in LabVIEW down to the RLP-nodes and it supports a fair amount of NI hardware devices, unfortunately not the more recent X-Series nor the cRIO stuff :-(. The DAQmx on the other side is a scaled down conventional driver which was kind of a quick shot solution for the Mac to just drive that sole low cost myDAQ which students like so much to use for experimenting on their own.

The two drivers are kind of confusing, they are different things.

Urs

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 37
(5,492 Views)

10.11.6 they had some security updates which effected the IOHID (usb).  There are some "fixes" out there but I am sure that had something to do with why the myDAQ got hosed with the update.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 37
(5,492 Views)

UrsL,

Yes, you are absolutely right, I get the names mixed up. Thanks for clearing that up. Anyway the solution is the same, that I have tried different versions of all the necessary components without success.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 37
(5,492 Views)