NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus serial communiction with a Watlow temperature controler

I am new to this group and only downloaded the tool kit yesterday.  Previously I have been using the SAPHIR tool and had no real difficulty until a new download and started getting errors from this purchased tool.  Unfortunatly the support for thier tool is dismal and it was suggested that I give this tool a try.  My setup is simply reading the temperature back from 15 Watlow EZ-Zone PMs, changing thier setpoints and turning them on or off.  Yesterday I started writting a driver using this tool kit that only read the temperature back using the slave suite which did not work at all.  When switching to the master suite I did get a resopnce but the temperature data was on the order of 9.23 e +144.  After close examination and looking through the literature I can not see anything obvious in my code that would cause an issue.  I have attached the code for anyone that wishes to view it.  If anyone can provide me with a possible reason for my problems using this tool it would be greatly appreaciated since I have ran out of ideas.

Message 1 of 6
(4,520 Views)

hello how are you, you should first check what the records from which will read the data in the controller usually are Read Holding Registers (FC = 03), check your Watlow technical team sheet

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,776 Views)

Hello teslac,

As part of the SAPHIR toolkit support team, I'm really disappointed to read that "our support for this toolkit is dismal". I've gone through the different request for a watlow communication and only find issues related to a possible communication issue not related to our tool.

I'll be happy to know what you are considering as a lake of support in order to improve it in the future.

I look forward to hearing from you and want you to be sure that we ever do our best to ensure the success of your project with our tools.

Regards,

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,776 Views)

RE: Dismal is a bit strong but the issue is with a 6200 error. Each time I have contacted support regarding this the answer has been this is due to noise. I know this is not the case and I have not been given another explaination.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,776 Views)

Glad to see that dismal is a bit strong

In the meantime, we've been contacted by NI AE concerning your issue. He gives us details that we were not aware of. We could probably continue the discussion through a more personal e-mail way in order to not bore the reader of this group ?

Olivier

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,776 Views)

RE: You are welcome to contact me at: dwight.l.duncan@nasa.gov

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,776 Views)