From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet/IP (CIP) and Numatics G3 Manifold with Ethernet/IP Node

Has anyone used the Ethernet/IP NI Labs Get Attribute function (CIP object model) with a Numatics G3 node? I can read some attributes but only the identity object. The Numatics manifold I have in front of me has 16 Digital Inputs and 4 solenoids (2 valves). I can't seem to find other objects that represent the state of the DI's or coils (Valves).  I have attached the EDS file if that helps.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,321 Views)

goLV,

This probably does not answer your question, but you can try checking some example code for using the Get/Set Attribute Single methods to talk to a Yaskawa A1000 VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) module here: http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10161

From the file you provided, I suspect that the device might not support messaging to any useful objects that let you talk to the I/Os. It does not list any other objects in its EDS file. It might only support implicit messaging of its assemblies.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,746 Views)

Thanks for your reply. I will check out the links you provided.

Glen

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,746 Views)

goLV,

Were you ever sucessful at getting control over the valves using LabVIEW Ethernet IP vis?  I also have a LabVIEW application that requires controlling a Numatics G3 valve assembly and it appears that only Class 1 (I/O Data) can be used to control the valves.  Is this correct?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,746 Views)

I was not successful. We dropped this approach and connected the G3 to an AB PLC. Through the PLC we can read and write tags which through logic control the G3 manifold.

Just a note. We have beed successful with a Festo Manifold and Ethernet I/P.

Glen

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,746 Views)