From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI FlexRIO Network

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What about more memory..?

Hi,

I'd like to know, if you plan a FlexRio-Version with more memory. For extensive pipelined data processing tasks, I would really appreciate that. In my oppinion, a simple SODIM socket would be the best sollution. If I wanted to realise that on a custom board, I'd have no signals left for I/O.

Regards,

Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,245 Views)

Hello Matthias,

National Instruments is always looking to incorporate customer suggestions into future versions of products.  I would like to know more about your application and its memory requirements.  How much more memory (and memory throughput) would you need in your application? 

Have you considered using a CPLD or FPGA on your adapter module to act as an interface to additional memory located on the adapter module?  This could be used to create an intermediate interface between the FlexRIO and the additional memory that could save you some pins for your I/O.  Have a great data, Matthias.

Regards,
Browning G

Regards,
Browning G
FlexRIO R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,393 Views)