From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI ELVIS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -200437 while running NI ELVISmx Oscilloscope express VI for ELVIS II+

Hello,

While running NI ELVISmx Oscilloscope express VI for ELVIS II+ I'm getting error error -200437.

The error states: External calibration constants are invalid. Perform an external calibration. Contact National Instruments Technical Support if you need additional information.

The same VI runs without any issues, when running from its default front panel.

Does anybody have any ideas why the VI gives such error?

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

Certified-LabVIEW-Embedded-Systems-Developer_rgb.jpgCertified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,599 Views)

Hello, this is an active error that NI is working to resolve. There is currently a corrective action request to fix the issue.

-Joe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,574 Views)

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your response. Is there any workaround for this issue? How can I use the scope in my VI?

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

Certified-LabVIEW-Embedded-Systems-Developer_rgb.jpgCertified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,571 Views)

At this time there is no workaround, but it looks like the error is consistent with Windows 7 64 bit.  Is this the OS you are using?  If so, it might be worth trying to run the VI on a computer with a different OS.

-Joe
Message 4 of 11
(6,559 Views)

Hi Arev,

Is your Windows OS set for a locale that would use commas in numeric values where an English OS would use periods? Also, which version of DAQmx do you have installed? The latest version of ELVISmx installs DAQmx 15.0, but there was a fix for a similar error in DAQmx 15.1 (Corrective Action Request #470622). If you fall into the category of using commas in numerics and you have DAQmx 15.0, this should be resolved by installing DAQmx 15.1 or later.

Donovan
Message 5 of 11
(6,555 Views)

Thanks Joe and Donovan,

You both are correct. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit OS and the locale is such that it uses commas in numeric values.

Also I have tried with DAQmx versions 14.0 and 15.0. I'll change the locale to have points instead of commas, and also will download 15.1 version of DAQmx, and let you know the results.

Thank you very much for your help.

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,551 Views)

Hello Donovan,

I've tried to change the locale, and really the issue was connected with it. I've installed also DAQmx 15.1.1 drivers, but it didn't help with the locale problem.

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,533 Views)

Hi Arev,

Is there any way you could change your operating system from Windows 7 64 bit to any other operating system?  This seems to be the only workaround at the moment.

-Joe
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,514 Views)

No, unfortunately I can't shift to other OS.

Do you know when the bug is going to be fixed? Meanwhile I'll use it with the English locale.

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,510 Views)

Hi Arev,

Unfortunately, this information and prioritization is internal to our R&D department.  The CAR # associated with this incident is 578704.  Please feel free to check the release notes of future software and patch upgrades for this CAR number to determine if the issue has been fixed.

-Joe
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,497 Views)