NI ELVIS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which USB DAQ for NI Elvis 1

I have one of the NI Elvis legacy or first version and I need a USB DAQ that will work with that unit. Will any of the newer usb daq's work with this and if so which ones. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,854 Views)

Hi TigerFan63,

The NI Elvis should have some DAQ functionality to perform academic functions (oscilloscopes, etc.) built onboard the device.  What purpose are you looking to accomplish with the additional USB DAQ device?

Thanks!

Tucker
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,626 Views)

Tucker,

I am just starting to learn electronics and LabView. I purchased an old NI Elvis but I seen that it required a NI USB-6221 DAQ device to interface with the laptop. I was wanting to know if I can use something newer and less costly because the aformentioned device sells for close to $2000 new and $1000 on ebay. I would also olike to know if the I can use the NI Elvis with the software that comes with the myDaq because I purchsed one of those also. If not coould you please let me know what hardware and software I will need to get up and learning.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,613 Views)

Hi Mike!

I see what you are saying now.  Unfortunately, with this model of the NI ELVIS being a legacy product, we cannot guarentee that it will work with newer DAQ devices.  The USB DAQ device that was packaged with and is recommended for the legacy NI ELVIS was the NI USB-6251.  Information for that can be found here:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209213

The necessary ELVIS and DAQ driver software can be found by searching here:

http://www.ni.com/downloads/

Thanks!

Tucker
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,583 Views)

Hi all!

Do you know if the NI PCIe-6251 version will work as I do not see listed in the NI ELVIS User Manual?

Thanks in advance for your time.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,378 Views)