From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI ELVIS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyDaq not recognizing

Hi so I've been trying to connect myDaq to the computer and the blue light turns on for a few seconds then turns off. It seems like the computer isn't recognizing the device. I've used the myDaq on this PC before and the elvis launcher used to pop up automatically. All help is appreciated. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,839 Views)

Hello Jerm_Joy,

That's quite interesting that the myDAQ was previously working on the same PC. Are you able to detect the device in the (Windows) Device Manager or NI Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)?

Would it be possible to run the myDAQ Troubleshooting Utility? This program can be downloaded at the link below. The results of the tests performed in that utility should help us get closer to finding a resolution.

NI myDAQ Troubleshooting Utility

Thank you and have a nice day!

---
Alex C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,812 Views)

Hi when I go to device manager it says unknown device 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,805 Views)

Did your PC recently go through any updates (perhaps an operating system change)? Also, have you tried connecting the myDAQ with another USB cable? Does it work when connected to other USB ports on your PC?

Which version of the DAQmx Drivers do you have installed? 

Have you tried right-clicking on Unknown Device and selecting 'Update Driver' from the shortcut menu? Does Windows automatically find the correct driver?

---
Alex C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,776 Views)

Hi, I plugged in the Mydaq into a computer at school and it works perfectly fine. My computer is running, and has been running since I installe the MyDaq software, Windows 10. 

I'm not sure which version of Daq drivers I installed, I just installed everything in the CD that came with the device. It says, "NI ELVISmx 16.0 Driver" Circuit Design Suite 14.0.1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,771 Views)

My problem has not been resolved if anyone knows a solution, greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,752 Views)

Hello Jerm_Joy,

Thank you for testing the hardware out on another PC. It sounds to me like there may be something wrong with the drivers installed on your Windows 10 PC at your home.

Did you have the chance to run the myDAQ Troubleshooting Utility? This utility can be downloaded in Step 1 of the article linked below.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/11424/en/

If that test does not prove useful, could you try the steps in Step 3. c. iii ?

Please let us know if those steps prove successful. Thank you!

---
Alex C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,746 Views)

Hi, I also have a similar problem. And just to say, I have already installed drivers for daqmx and elvis.

My computer recognizes and communicates to NI USB Card which I use for data acquisition and through 68-pin connection I connected NI Elvis 1 to that Card. Problem is that my computer neither LabView cannot find or recognize NI Elvis.

What could be the problem

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,506 Views)