NI ELVIS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elvis Newbie with hopefully a simple question

Hello,

I've just joined the forum. I'm at the University of Washington Bothell Campus. We've been experimenting with remote EE labs using our own home-made Elvis substitutes. After some soul-searching, we decided we needed more than student support, so we initially ordered two Elvis II units and then recently, one Elvis III unit.

I have a team of students designing experiments for the Elvis system and we aren't sure if a board designed to plug into the Elvis II will be compatible with the Elvis III. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Arnie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,737 Views)

Hi Arnie,

Custom top-boards made for the ELVIS II should be hardware compatible with ELVIS III, but there are some pinout differences that will need to be accounted for in the design if you want it to be compatible with both ELVIS II and III. The programming method is also different for ELVIS II vs ELVIS III. ELVIS II programming is based on DAQmx while ELVIS III is based on the RIO architecture. Reach out to your account manager or Applications Engineering if you plan to create your own custom top-board for more information on the development process and requirements.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,687 Views)