NI ELVIS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elvis III Not Connecting in Measurements Live

When I try to connect the Elvis III in Measurements Live, it fails to connect and I am unable to use the SFP's.

I have a new Elvis III that is visible in MAX under "Devices and Interfaces".  It is not visible under "Remote Systems".  When powered on, my PC alerts me of the USB connection.  The the USB connection shows up in my device manager.  The Elvis is only identified as "USB Composite Device", "Portable Devices", and "Generic USB-EEM Network Adaptor".  The network adaptor device has the warning triangle on it.

The Elvis reflects a USB IP address but also states "ID: Not available."     

All set-up steps were followed IAW the provided documents and the NI YouTube channel.  The Elvis Software Bundle was installed prior to connecting the Elvis to the laptop.  I have un/re installed several times.  The Elvis is registered under my NI account.

I am using Google Chrome to launch Measurements Live.

Any help is greatly appreciated.    

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,528 Views)

The Elvis III is also identified as as Elvis III under "Portable Devices" in my Windows 10 Device Manager.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,527 Views)

We're having the same issue, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,229 Views)

add the Elvis url to your java security settings, fixed it for us

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,211 Views)

could you please explain how?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,203 Views)

Yes, I have now the same problem. I can see Elvis in NI MAX under devices and also under Remote Systems (it si connected and running) but in MeasurementLive it is not possible to connect via USB. And for Wi-Fi I cannot set up the ID. Can you mentioned your solution, please?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,143 Views)

I am also facing the same issues. Please reply me if anyone knows. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,744 Views)

I found the simple solution, try it. The problem on my laptop was with the new version of Google Chrome which stop the support of live connection so I installed SlimJet Browser (https://www.slimjet.com/) and the Elvis and MeasurementLive work perfectly in it. 

Hope it helps you also.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,740 Views)

Me too. I'm also facing the same issue. Anyone! could you help me. Please!!!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,958 Views)

So I solved it so, that I use browser SlimJet in version  30.0.5.0 and I fixed this version (disallow updates). It works 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,953 Views)