From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Circuit Design Community Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello!

Hi my name is Geoff and I am a student doing an indepent study over the summer taking labview and I have a few problems that I am needing some help with. I am in chapter 3 of the 2009 edition and I am trying to turn 8 Leds into a binary(base 2)

representation for a number in a slider. I have the slider as an u8 wired to a fixed point then to( number to boolean) but I am lost as to how to go from the boolean to the leds I have attached a picture of my block diagram.

any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Geoff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,892 Views)

Hi Geoff,

You might have a little better luck posting this question in the LabVIEW board. 

Slide to 8 bit bool.png

I took a quick shot at what I think you might be trying to do. 

If  your slide values are only 1 to 8, and you don't want your LEDs in an array you can use your slider as an input to a case select structure.  Then just put each LED in a case corresponding to the slider input.  It's a little more programming work.  But it will be easy to see how it works. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,762 Views)

Thanks Pallen!

I will post them on the Labview board

Regards,

Geoff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,762 Views)