NI Blog

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solving Engineering Challenges at NIWeek 2019: Full Force Ahead

May is one of my favorite months of the year. The start of May means we’re ramping up for NIWeek, our industry-leading conference and premier customer event. Next week, we will welcome over 3,000 of the world’s leading engineers and scientists to Austin to explore, network, and be inspired. This year’s conference is especially noteworthy because it marks the 25th anniversary of NIWeek, and to celebrate we’ve put together an  impressive lineup of demos, technical sessions, keynote speakers, and more.

NIWeek - Eric - Exec.pngThis is an exciting time for the engineering community, but also a challenging one. We’re experiencing a period of great technology acceleration, where diverse technologies are converging in a way that’s rapidly advancing their capabilities. Our customers are in a race to get new applications to market faster than ever before – all at high-quality, volume, and cost.

Recently, I spoke with engineering students at my alma mater, the University of Virginia, about the accelerating pace of technology. Being with those students prompted me to stop and reflect on my decision to pursue a career in engineering in the first place. I became an engineer for the opportunity to solve challenging problems that have a big impact on the world. Today at NI, I’m inspired to see the applications that our customers and partners are building on our open, software-defined platform to do just that. The opportunity to stop and celebrate their work is one of the many reasons I look forward to this time of the year. From testing and improving on an idea to reducing development costs to creating a product that’s commercially viable, they are meeting today’s biggest engineering challenges to advance the technology around us. 

Solving Engineering Challenges at NIWeek

NIWeek serves as a forum where engineers, scientists, and business leaders across industries and geographies can come together to discover new approaches to solve engineering challenges while advancing the interests and competitiveness of their organizations.

With over 200 hands-on technical sessions, NIWeek is the ultimate learning environment. Attendees have multiple opportunities to explore the major trends that are impacting the semiconductor, automotive, and aerospace and defense industries and gain insight from leading companies using cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems. This year we’ll also be launching new products for 5G testing and electric vehicle validation, software for managing highly distributed test systems, and demonstrating how to use artificial intelligence and data analytics to more effectively monitor critical industrial assets.

This is my 23rd NIWeek, and every year I come away energized and inspired by the incredible innovations our customers and partners are building with our platform. With NIWeek 2019 kicking off next week, I wanted to share a few of the conference highlights that I’m most excited about.

Future Technology Pavilion

Expo Hall People.jpg

In an environment where speed to market is critical, it’s easy to get stuck focusing on the problems that are right in front of us – the task at hand. To truly open our minds, inspiration and creativity to solving the biggest problems in our world, we need to look up and beyond. New to the Exhibit Hall, the Future Technology pavilion explores the technologies that are on a trajectory to revolutionize our industry over the next 10 years. From an immersive VR experience demonstrating the latest in predictive maintenance to the V2X communications defining the future of autonomous driving and new wireless standards taking us to 5G, 6G and beyond – this is one you won’t want to miss.

Diversity in Engineering Track

Workplace diversity impacts innovation, productivity, and company profits. How we approach this topic is going to shape our industry and the world around us. Built on the success of our Women’s Leadership Forum, the new Diversity in Engineering track explores important subjects related to gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and working in a global economy.

Engineering Impact Awards

Trophies_EIA_2018_07.JPGNow in its 19th year, the Engineering Impact Awards honor the creativity, ingenuity, and imagination of our customers, whose profound work on applications using our platform far surpasses our expectations. The EIAs are by far one of my favorite events, and for the first time, this awards ceremony is open to all attendees so everyone can celebrate our customers who are making a big difference. Also, to commemorate the 25th anniversary of NIWeek, we’re presenting the NI Generation Award to one individual whose career achievements have made a lasting impact on their industry.

NIWeek is a time to gather as a community to learn, collaborate, and celebrate engineering. I can’t wait to experience everything that this year’s conference has to offer. See you next week in Austin!