Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Employee Spotlight: Bruno Cesar

Bruno Cesar serves our Alliance Partners in Latin America and Canada as a Business Development Manager. Here’s a brief reflection from Bruno on what inspired him to join our family:

“Most people don’t know what led me to NI in the very beginning. In 1998, I was 16 years old and studying electronics in college. I did a personal project to help disabled people who couldn’t move or communicate with the people who cared about them. I’d read a biography about a teenage girl who had a cerebrovascular accident. She told of the enormous difficulties that a quadriplegic patient has communicating. So I decided to build something in my home lab to help fix that. I built a system using a portable CD player, a voice synthesiser, and a telephone keypad - all very 90s things! The system had a custom algorithm so the patient could operate it using a thumb or foot to speak basic human needs with a clear, natural voice, like ‘I want to go to the bathroom’ or ‘I’m cold.’ After I graduated, I worked in the medical devices area and knew of NI as an instrument provider. For me, I love what I do. I believe as long as we like what we do, there’s no difference between doing something at work and doing something in our personal life.”

Check out other stories from our team >>>