Community Browser
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Featured NI Engineer: Brandon Brice

Brandon got to travel the world talking to experts in the semiconductor industry. Not a bad reason to become an engineer by any stretch of the imagination.

When do you first recall wanting to become an engineer?
It wasn’t until college that I knew engineering was a profession I would enjoy.  I didn’t get involved in any robotics competitions early, which I regret, but when I was younger I enjoyed math and problem solving, so I was told that engineering may be a good career path for me. Freshman year in college I had a small robotics project and really enjoyed it and that’s when I knew I had made the right choice.

How long have you been at NI and what has been your career path here?
Seven years. I started as an applications engineer and then I moved to product marketing. I’ve been in hardware services for a while, but now I’m getting ready to make the move to field sales.

What’s been your favorite project at NI?

I created a set of Service Programs for our new Semiconductor Test System. I got to travel the world to talk with experts in the semiconductor industry in different regions to determine what their service needs and expectations were.

If a student asked you why they should pursue engineering, what would you say?

Engineering is a great way to have a direct impact in our world. If you love solving problems and facing tough challenges then this is a great career path for you.

About Engineers Week

Engineers Week - the only event of its kind - is a time to:

• Celebrate how engineers make a difference in our world
  • Increase public dialogue about the need for engineers
  • Bring engineering to life for kids, educators, and parents
  • This post is a part of a series highlighting engineers from NI and their stories about how and why they became engineers.

See other interviews with NI engineers >>>

#eweek2016 on Twitter >>>