NI Blog

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing: LabVIEW 2017 – The Future is Now

jkodosky

LabVIEW 2017, available now, debuts new capabilities designed to drastically simplify the development, deployment, and management of distributed systems. Distributed systems require extra attention on security to protect them from unauthorized access.

Key capabilities of LabVIEW 2017

We collaborated with RTI to include a license for its DDS Toolkit with every purchase (and renewal) of LabVIEW. The Toolkit is used to implement the secure DDS communication standard, a data-centric communication model for distributed systems offering:

• Real-time performance
  • Detailed quality of service control
  • Multicast, configurable reliability
  • Pervasive redundancy

This technology also lets you integrate LabVIEW with other applications implemented in C, C++, Java, and C#/.NET.

LabVIEW 2017 extends integration with industry standards

LabVIEW 2017 Hero.jpg

Extending and enhancing integration with industry standards and tools continues to be an important investment area for LabVIEW development. DDS Toolkit integration adds per topic security features to control read and write access for each function and ensure proper dataflow operation. You also can take advantage of a new API to connect to Amazon Web Services and new capabilities for many industry-standard communication protocols, such as IEC 61131-3 and OPC UA, and open integration with CODESYS.

Expanding the LabVIEW graphical language

Another continued investment area is enhancing and extending the graphical language native to LabVIEW. I was particularly excited to introduce the channel wire in LabVIEW 2016 at last year’s NIWeek.

The channel wire is unique; it’s not simply a new data type. It’s an enrichment of LabVIEW’s semantics specifically designed to make it easier to communicate between parallel loops and create simple actor-oriented applications. This year, we’ve added support for channel wires on FPGA, so they’re now available on our embedded hardware product lines as well. We’re also adding a new type of VI (dubbed “malleable VI”) that adapts to the types wired to it in a very general way. You will be able to easily create VIs that have an unbounded polymorphism like many built-in primitives.

Our investment in LabVIEW 2017 is primarily focused on the creation of large, distributed systems. But we’re also intent on improving the productivity of engineers who are automating simple measurements and interactively exploring measurements.

Looking beyond: Announcing LabVIEW NXG

Along with releasing LabVIEW 2017, we’ve announced LabVIEW NXG 1.0, our step into the next generation of engineering.

Learn more about LabVIEW 2017 >>>

Learn more about LabVIEW NXG >>>

Comments
PhilipKpae1974

How can i get the software?

Hornless.Rhino
Active Participant
bilal76

Labview is a wonderful software I started using this software for my final year project now I am using labview for my hobby projects. I recently made a project on dc motor speed control with labview and Arduino you can check it here http://microcontrollerslab.com/dc-motor-control-labview-arduino/

bilal76

I found a very useful list of labview tutorials and projects and also it is free. 

I thought sharing with all of you

Labview tutorials and Projects