Muon Detector NMT Senior Design Team 2012-2013

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Muon Simulation as of 02/28/2013

I apologize for my lack of communication recently, I am being overwhelmed a bit by midterms.

Attached is the plot of the attempted fit of a muon trajectory with no noise incorporated into the radii.

I have the simulation working now so that 2^N (16) trajectories are generated from radii information, where N is the number of hits. These trajectories are generated because of the ambiguity in direction.

The chi squares goes through each trajectory and returns the trajectory which minimizes the distance from the center coordinate (wire) to itself. For simplicity, I am assuming the z-plane is zero. All of the functions work,  but it appears the trajectory being returned from the chi square is obviously not the best fit, because this is noiseless data, the returned trajectory should be nearly superimposed onto the muon track.  I believe the error is resulting from how I generate the different possible trajectories.   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,193 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.