Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when using two SN74123N Multivibrators, I always get "two voltage sources were found to be in parallel" when I connect the grounds

Solved!
Go to solution

Here is the whole circuit, where the 74123 is used in context. I'm using an array of comparators to send digital signals to the 74123's. These 74123's will then give a sustained pulse to indicate when the threshold has been reached.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(3,888 Views)

I just tried the other components you suggested, at least the ones available in Multisim, the 74121 and 74130, and they gave the same error as before.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(3,887 Views)

hello, thanks for response.

interestigly enough, when I opened your file and started simulation - it worked just fine.take a look at the picture -

I am confused now -

nevertheless I have a few questions about curcuit itself  - but it is a diffrent topic andd we could discussed it if you want to.

with hope it helps

thanks

Michael

Message 13 of 18
(3,881 Views)

Oh right, I see. It works when only one of the 74123's is grounded, as is the case in the attachment. When you attach all the rest to ground, though, it won't work.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(3,867 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Orvis_NSL

Look- I've done following  - I created circuit with 3 cases ( 6 pcs ) of 74123 - and tried to simulate it - it worked  fine - the file in attach.

try it.

if it works for you - add more components to build your project.

with hope it helps

thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(3,863 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Orvis_NSL

Aha! I found that by leaving the CT pin (6 and 14) open on the 74123, instead of connecting it to GND, I was able to get it to work. I need that pin to be at GND, but even when I leave it open it has a value of 0, so I don't need to connect it to GND. This is not what I will do in the actual PCB, but it seems to be an effective workaround for the multisim environment. Thank you, Michael, for your help and time, you've been very helpful!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(3,856 Views)

sure, we have to help each other.

BTW - check your schematic - you have 6V battery connected to +5V global connection.

and another something

- it looks to me the value's of resistors in top left corner are wrong - assuming you build kind of A2D.

- using that approach with 74123 should work but, you are going to get bunch of asynchronous  pulses plus need of 6 caps and 6 resistors and 3 IC's for that.

I believe there are  much more elegant ways to do that - just IMHO.

with hope it helps

thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(3,843 Views)

Thanks, Michael.

It is a charged particle detector. The circuit will receive a pulse signal from a preamplifier, the comparators turn on if it is above their threshold, and the 74123's emit a longer pulse that can be counted.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(3,840 Views)