From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ultiboard

Solved!
Go to solution

I would to create a pcb layout using the Ultiboard. I want to make something like the one in the picture but I really don't know how to. It looks like a real pcb or like a manually done pcb layout. Could anyone teach me how they did that?

untitled.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,490 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ahud

Ahud,

You could use Ultiboard directly to create the PCB shown, however sometimes it is best to start with a schematic in Multisim first to define all the part/pin connections and then use the Ultiboard PCB layout software to finish the connections. By doing a schematic first, all connections from each pin will be shown with a 'rats nest' connection - basically a line showing you where to connect each PCB trace.  If you want to use Ultiboard by itself you'll need to be familiar with the netlist editor (from the Ultiboard menu, Tools -> Netlist Editor).

I would highly recommend building a schematic first.   Attached is a simple tutorial that I've created for users showing how to create a simple schematic in Multisim and then finish generating a PCB layout in Ultiboard from the schematic.   Some of the design is already completed, but it should be helpful in getting started.   You will need to download and install the evaluation version to start using the tutorial. 

Also there are numerous other tutorials and getting started guides for Multisim and Ultiboard on ni.com/multisim here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5579

Regards,

Pat N

Message 2 of 3
(3,485 Views)
I am familiarizing myself about the ultiboard. We have been using the multisim for a year now, it's the software we are using in our school. Anyway, thank you so much for your help sir.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,474 Views)