From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ultiboard

I have created a four layer pcb in Ultiboard 11.  When I try to export as dxf,  the application freezes.  I have never had a problem exporting dxfs in the past when using Ultiboard 11.  Are there any known problems with dxf exports from Ultiboard 11?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,392 Views)

Hi Loriannee,

Can you please upload your file and i will take a look at it.

Mahmoud W

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,386 Views)

Here is the file...

Thank-you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,384 Views)

If I remove the cutouts on the sides of the pcb,  the dxfs export okay.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,380 Views)

Hi,

I opened your file Ultiboard 11 and was able to export the DXF without a problem. The file is 17Mb so I can't attach it here.

Try to export your design to two files with the layers split between them. I know it's inconvenient but I can't really think of something since the export is working fine with me.

Mahmoud W

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,376 Views)

I WILL TRANSFER MY CIRCUIT DESIGN TO ULTIBOARD 11.0 FROM MULTISIM 11.0 , BUT WHY NOT ALL COMPONENT FROM MY DESIGN CAN NOT EXPORT TO ULTIBOARD FILE???, CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,260 Views)

Hi,

Components who do not have footprints do not transfer from Multisim to Ultiboard, you must assign a footprint for the component in Multisim.

Please post your future questions in a new thread so you guarantee a response for them.

Thank you,

Mahmoud W

NI

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,251 Views)