Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ultiboard moving part under other component feature req.

Hi !

Is there a way to fix some compontents to its place ? The lock is not good, I explain why:

There is an LCD module, under that some components. When I try to selet these coponents under the lcd, alvays the lcd module get selected. If i lock the module, then it popups a window, then move the lcd again. I can move one componet at time, but cant select all the components unther other components with mouse.

It would be nice, if I could set an attribute to a part, to not selectable on the list.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,996 Views)

I agree a protect from selection attribute would be really cool, maybe even more useful than 'lock'.

But you can still do what you want.  Make sure nothing is selected.  To select the part under the LCD make sure your selection filter is correct, then click right (not right click) on the part you want.  If you miss you'll select the LCD instead.  Then just click in free space to deselct it and try again.

You cannot use a box slection to do this 😞  , unles you come from outside the LCD in free space to do it.  You will then also have selected the LCD.  Just do a cntrl click on the LCD to deselect just that part.

It works, but a protect from selection attribute would be really cool.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,973 Views)

Hi lidi,

Here might be a way to solve your question. Actually the LCD module doesn't have to be fixed. If you want to select the components, just click on each single one and then keep pressing Ctrl so that multiple units can be selected. If you want to move each single component, just right click on it and select In-Place Part edit in the popup menu. Then you'll see anything else will be greyed out except the component you selected. Then you can do whatever modification you want. Hope this helps,

Regards,

Derek Z.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,964 Views)