Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transistor part has "design rule error" Net 2 close to Net 1 - Only 1 Part on whole project

As a test, I put ONE part on Ultiboard, and it has an error. Help! please 🙂

error: transistor part has "design rule error" Net 2 close to Net 1

Also, is there a way to reset all options I may have changed in Ultiboard?

Thanks,
James

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,012 Views)

Hello!

Are you using a custom footprint? The error states that two components are too close to each other, so, this may cause electrical damages (like short circuits).

To reset the configuration to default, follow the steps in this KB.

Best,

Gaheel17

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,981 Views)

Hi. No it's the standard 2N222 transistor. However, I may have some setting like: trace width set to 30 mil or something else. I tried to set that back to 20 mil. I also deleted my config file, as I have used Ultiboard in 3 or 4 classes and who knows what settings I changed. I was thinking of just using some linear transistor instead of one in a triangle or circle footprint. thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,977 Views)

Hi!

I made a quick test placing a 2N222 in Multisim and transferring it to Ultiboard. The footprint is very different from what you attached which makes me believe that at some point you may have modified the component in the database. To reset everything to default, you may want to force-reinstall the software.

Best,

Gaheel17

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,970 Views)

Thank you ! I will check it out when I get back! Thanks for your time. Keep you posted

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,945 Views)