Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulating optoelectronic and RF components using Multisim 2001

Hi,
I need to include a SHARP infrared detector (GP1U50X) and a LINX RF transmitter/receiver pair with a whip antenna in my circuit.
Can this be done using Multisim 2001?
If not, what's the suitable software? And where can I get a model for these components if they're not in the database and I don't have a VHDL model for them??

I think there was an agreement between Electronics Workbench and PartMiner.com so that Multisim users can download component models directly into Multisim, in exchange for a subscribtion ( I forgot how much)...What happenned to that??

Thanks in advance..I rea;;y need your help

Nada
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,648 Views)
I have looked in the database of my Multisim 2001 Power Pro and I do not find anything that you require. You can create your own components and they will simulate in Multisim 2001 if the models are compatible and correct. I did a search on the components through Google and did manage find a datasheet for your Detector that shows a block diagram type schematic of it, but nothing that is real useful in helping you create your own component . The opto-couplers in the database is the only thing I can think of that you could use to halfway simulate this device without a lot of hassle.

I went to LINX website and they have a bunch of stuff that may help you. They had datasheets, guides, and even their own design application software. They did not have any Spice models that I found and since these are probably proprietary devices it is doubtful you will be able to find one.

I am sorry I couldn't be of more help. If someone else has a better solution than I please post it because I would like to know what others think as it helps me too.
Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,645 Views)