Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rename symbol pin name

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am having a problem, not sure what I am doing wrong. I created a schematic symbol in multisim. Afterwards I realize I need to make a correction to some of the pin names, for example: Change from (P1_6) to GPIO(P1_6).

I get into the component editor, (see attached image) and click on the name, but I am unable to edit the name. Any suggestions? It is part 2 of a 100 pin part so I do not want to start over. Thanksmultisimedit.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,511 Views)

Hello,

You can edit the pin names in the footprint editor. In the bottom you'll find a table with all the pins and their configurations. You just have to select the pin you want to change the name of and then double click it's name field. He you can also select whether the pin name will be visible or not (Symbol Pins can be set to Hidden or Visible).

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,488 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mnauss

Hi, thanks for replying. I actually tried going into the footprint editor but I still could not edit the pin name (see images).

footprint.jpgfootprint1.jpg

In this field the name was uneditable, but this did lead me to try something else. Instead of edit footprint, I tried Edit component in DB.

From the symbol Tab, I was able to edit the names (see images).

properties.jpg

So, problem solved. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,482 Views)

Hello,

I am glad you were able to find the solution.

Since the picture from your original post was from the Footprint Editor I included the instructions to edit the pins names from there, but the method you used is actually equivalent to that. To open the Footprint Editor you have to reach the window in which you did the edits and then click on Edit.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,468 Views)