cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ratsnest not updating even with redraw screen

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using Ultiboard full edition 14.0.1.

If a make a change to my PCB layout, the ratsnest does not update even if I redraw the screen. (see screen caps bellow)

I've tried turning all layers off and on, zooming in and out, drawing traces, filtering all DRC errors ("Net x to close to net y", "net x close to unused pin", "part x is within keepout area", "parts x and y are too close or overlapping").

The ratsnest will update if I save, close and reopen but I wouldn't really call that a solution.

This has not been an issue in other layouts I have done.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.niForum.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,876 Views)

Hello jensen,

Have you made any changes in the configuration of Ultiboard lately? Or maybe an update? You say that this behavior doesn't appear in your other projects, so I am wondering as to why this one specifically is giving you trouble. Have you tried re-importing the design from Multisim and see if that changes this behavior?

Reg,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,840 Views)

Sounds like a bug.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,836 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have reinstalled Ultiboard between my last work and this work, so maybe there is something there...

I tried forward annotating to my existing .ewnet file, and creating a new .ewnet file. Same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,830 Views)

*Update*

I have also tried updating, repairing, uninstalling and re-installing; no success. I also checked older designs that I didn't have any issues with and they now have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,819 Views)

Hi Jensen,

This looks like the software get corrupted. I recommend you to force reinstall NI Ultiboard (or NI Circuit Design Suite), this process is differs from an uninstall and reinstall process because it overwrites all the installation files including Windows Registers.

This KB Article explains the process to force reinstall NI Software.

Regards,

Gaheel17

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,802 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jensenNewman

I have solved the issue by reinstalling the latest version of circuit design suite downloaded from NI here. Previously I was using my original install CD.

Thank you for all the suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,796 Views)