Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Problem: Failed to open the database", can't access any components, master database cannot be accessed.

My multisim suddenly started to stop loading in the databases, so I can't use any components. I get the errors:

• Problem: Failed to open the database. The file format/version is incorrect and may be from an earlier version.[Master Database]
    The Master Database cannot be accessed. Features using the Master Database will not be available."
  • "Problem: Failed to open the database. The file format/version is incorrect and may be from an earlier version.[Corporate Database]
    The Corporate Database cannot be accessed. Features using the Corporate Database will not be available."
  • "Problem: Failed to open the database. The file format/version is incorrect and may be from an earlier version.[User Database]
    The User Database cannot be accessed. Features using the User Database will not be available."

I looked around and tried to reinstall/repair, delete config files, and mess around with registry files, but nothing worked.

So, I am not sure what to do.

Multisim 14.1, Education Edition

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,173 Views)

Hi,

It seems that some file may have been corrupted. I recommend trying a Force-reinstall of the software, here is the link to an article that explains how to do so.

"Force Reinstall Non-Working or Corrupt NI Software"

Link: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8U0SAK

Pamela Gómez
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,138 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for the response. I tried reinstalling using the method above, but the error still persists.

Any other ideas would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,130 Views)

Hi,

I found this information, check it out, it might be helpful.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multisim-and-Ultiboard/Multisim-Database-Error/td-p/930470/page/2

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372062L-01/multisim/06chap03ms13/

Pamela Gómez
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,123 Views)

Hello,

I have tried all of those solutions, and still it does not fix my issue. I googled around myself and tried most of the solutions and options on the NI forums and none of them have worked.

I really hope I do not have to do a complete wipe of my laptop to resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,116 Views)

Hi,

There is not much information regarding this problem that you are having, unfortunately.

In my experience, the force-reinstall should fix this.

Pamela G

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,089 Views)

Having the same problem, the error message writes "unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine", and all three types of database cannot be reached, note that my Windows 10 version is 1803.

@joec1234  已写:

My multisim suddenly started to stop loading in the databases, so I can't use any components. I get the errors:

• Problem: Failed to open the database. The file format/version is incorrect and may be from an earlier version.[Master Database]
    The Master Database cannot be accessed. Features using the Master Database will not be available."
  • "Problem: Failed to open the database. The file format/version is incorrect and may be from an earlier version.[Corporate Database]
    The Corporate Database cannot be accessed. Features using the Corporate Database will not be available."
  • "Problem: Failed to open the database. The file format/version is incorrect and may be from an earlier version.[User Database]
    The User Database cannot be accessed. Features using the User Database will not be available."

I looked around and tried to reinstall/repair, delete config files, and mess around with registry files, but nothing worked.

With the error message box flashed six times

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,933 Views)

@joec1234  已写:

I am having this same exact issue right now. I have completely uninstalled deleted ever National Instruments folder from my user AppData folder and reinstalled. I have also applied the registry fix and checked that every dll existed in the specified path.

I have tried to figure out how to contact customer support about this but it seems that I must pay $1600+ USD to do so. This is not only extremely frustrating but completely absurd. I have an assignment and a report do Tuesday and I need Multisim working. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,927 Views)

I get this done by simply reinstalling Windows 10, without any change to programs and files, remember to choose the same version of Windows 10 image file as the recent system, checking by "winver" in "run". After reinstalling, Multisim just get back to work ^_^

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,904 Views)

@Cyril.C wrote:

I get this done by simply reinstalling Windows 10, without any change to programs and files, remember to choose the same version of Windows 10 image file as the recent system, checking by "winver" in "run". After reinstalling, Multisim just get back to work ^_^

I just finished resetting windows. After installing Chrome I went and installed Multisim. Went through all the updates, activated it. Restarted, launched Multisim and drum-roll please... "Problem: Failed to open the database" So it looks like NI needs to roll out a patch because it's definitely not my environment.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,873 Views)