From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with analog potentiometer

Hello,

Multisim  vs.8. 

I set the potentiometer value in the circuit (ex.: 30%). Save the circuit e re-open it. The value return 30%. then I run the circuit and the value always return to 50%.

May someone help me fix this problem?

Regards

MCP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,418 Views)

I need to ask you a question. Is what your calling an Analog Potentiometer the same as the what Multisim calls the Linear Potentiometer?

I have Multisim 2001 and tried what you did in your post and everything worked fine.  This may be a version specific problem that maybe someone else may have more information about than I do.

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,404 Views)
Hi,
Exactly.
My version is Multsim 8.0 trial. Is there anyone who uses this version that found this problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,398 Views)

We've reported this recently. Interactive components reset to their default value when the file gets reopened, it follows its hard-coded nature. R&D now knows about this inconvenience and they will make changes to make it more user-friendly... in other words, to retrieve the last value the interactive component had when you closed the file.

As of now (v10), if you change the value of the component it will stay like that if you run or stop the simulation. If you close the file and reopen it and then run the simulation again it will reset to 50% in the case of interactive Pots.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,393 Views)

HI Nestor or someone friend,

The newer version 10 that I´ve installed im my PC has the same problem like you (Nestor) told.

Do you know if there is a new update of version 10 that has fixed this bug?

Thanks,

Beste regards,

MCP

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,109 Views)

Goto HELP>ABOUT MULTISIM and check the numbers there. The most up to date version should be listed as 10.0.343. If you have this then you already have the most up to date version and there have been no other updates as I know of.

If your still having problems with this component, I am sure that they know about it and are working on it. If Nestor has anymore information he will have to let you know.

This may not help much, but is all I know.

Have A Nice Day

Message Edited by lacy on 09-23-2007 06:43 PM

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,109 Views)