Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

potentiometer

Has any one noticed that the slide bar  is in revers, when it shows 100% it is realy showing 0 (Ohms)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(10,085 Views)

Hello toysforlee

Actually I recreated the issue that you have and I realized that is the connection that you are using. I attached one picture with your connection and the connection that I made that has the correct value, so I would like to you try in that way just to be completely sure.

Picture2.JPG

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(10,059 Views)

Hello, thanks for response

I personally do not understand what is the big deal here.

if you move wiper  from left to right or vs vs all way and the resistance is changing   from 0 to 100 % - it is fine with me.

I wish I had that kind of problems.

with hope it helps
good luck

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(10,036 Views)

Hello

Actually the issue is related with the potentiometer value (Ohms). For that reason I showed the picture before. I hope you could resolve the issue.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(10,012 Views)

Hello, thanks for response

I still do not understand what is the problem/

pots value is 1kOhm

meters show 1kOhm

what is wrong?

with hope it helps

thanks a lot
Michael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(9,995 Views)

Hello aa232004

I apologize I made a video just to explain the issue way you connect in different way the potentiometer. You are going to see the percentage won’t correspond with the value (Ohms) please see the video below:

http://screencast.com/t/wmtdCFkn

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(9,980 Views)
Please spend a little time studying how a pot works. If the pot is turned 100%, from the wiper to one end, it will read 0. From the wiper to the other end, it will read the full resistance. This is exactly what you are seeing. There is no issue at all.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(9,965 Views)

Hello every body , thanks for response

thanks Dennis.

I would like to add - it looks like post author is confusing potentiometer    with the rheostat   and    does not  know the difference .

I agree completely - some studying should be done.

with hope it helps
good luck
thanks a lot
Michael

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(9,954 Views)