From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pin from component in net is missing from shape

Re-did a footprint, renamed the footprint, added it to the schematic image and transfered and did a forward annotate to Ultiboard but the netlist for the pins were missing.

Part showed up in the board layout with no net list names.  I had the original part locked.  Could this have gotten things out of sync?

Is there a short cut to make the "routing layers" to 11 (top and bottom) instead of the default 10 - top layer only?  Try changing 200 entries in the net list.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,389 Views)

I can answer the last question about Ultiboard defaulting to copper top routing as indicated by the 10 in the spreadsheet. If you are doing a transfer from Multisim, goto the spreadsheet under the NETS tab and scroll to the right to where it says Routing Layers. Change all of them to TOP and then back to what they were before. This is the only way I know of to keep the transfer from defaulting to copper top only.

This technique was found by one of the NI Support team a while back. I have tried it and it seems to work. This is no guarantee that it will work all the time, but it is better than changing this everytime in Ultiboard.

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,383 Views)
An addendum to my my last post. To change the routing layer all at once you can click on the column title. This highlights all the them. After that just click on one of them and change the setting and this will update all of them. This technique can also be applied inside Ultiboard  also.

Hope these two posts helps on this issue.
Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,381 Views)