From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opamp

There is in multimsim an ideal opamp with 3 terminals?

And by "ideal'' i mean:

- Infinite input impedance

- Infinite closed loop gain

- Output impedance equal zero

I just start to use multisim and I am having a lot of troubles to understand how I can use it to create the circuits in my book (linears and ideal circuits, with ideal componentes)  to help me in my circuits subject in college.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,909 Views)

Please, 

Help to maintain the Forum organized. Don't post the same doubt twice: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Discuss%C3%A3o-sobre-Produtos-NI/Amplificador-Operacional-Ideal/m-p/2159528/...

Ricardo Ramos
Account Manager
+5511989658513 | ni.com

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,893 Views)

OK, sorry. It's because i wasn't very confident about getting a response in the portuguese forum 😄

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,887 Views)

In simulation, the closest you can come to an ideal op-amp is by using a voltage controlled voltage source with a very high open-loop gain. Use the component VOLTAGE_CONTROLLED_VOLTAGE_SOURCE. Simply ground the negative output terminal and you have the three terminals of an op-amp. 

The only behavior that will not be ideal is the open-loop gain, which must be finite. But with a gain of 1e6 or higher, you'll get pretty close to an ideal op-amp, and the simulation will not differ (within many decimal places) from any calculations based on infinite open-loop gain. 

Max
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,851 Views)

Thanks a lot!! Your answer was vey helpfull! I`will try that!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,834 Views)

I am now trying to create a new component that is a "Voltage Controlled Voltage Source" with the negative terminal grounded just as you said and the simbol is a 3terminals OpAmp symbol...but I am having some troubles to get it...Could you help me?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,813 Views)

See attached file.

The two circuits both use the voltage controlled voltage source as the model. In the lower circuit, I've simply created a new component with an op-amp symbol. You can see the actual SPICE model by clicking the Edit model button inside the component's properties.

Thanks,

Max
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,794 Views)

Thanks a lot man, I will try do that by myself sometime....thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,789 Views)