From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

net bridge design rule errors

The other thing i don't see is a net bridge in MS, but it exists in several forms in UB.  Was it removed?  Or am I missing something?

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(2,399 Views)

There is none in MS.  You have to create it.

David B

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,397 Views)

But, though it allows selection the netbridge component as the footprint, It will not bring it in when you FA to UB.

David B

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,396 Views)

Ah yes, and round and round we go.......most newbs are going to know or even think about how to do it.  I remember doing a part creation for an MS part with the UB footprint attached to it, but when I found out my way, and using intelligent placement and pcb ownership rules, it worked out great........like windows, may ways to achieve the same goals......thanks for the feedback.......hey checkout my other thread I'm having issues with and see if you've run across the problem.....:)  Have a good one....Chris

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(2,393 Views)

I received this email from the NI support team:

Thanks for contacting us. You are correct, this is a bug that has been
previously reported; the defect ID is: 111677. Let me tell you that this
issue has been solved and will be one of the fixes included in the next
update scheduled for November.

Right now the only workaround we have is to manually add the netbridge pins
to the desired nets in the Netlist Editor, basically what you already did.
Stay tuned for the update and please let me know if you have further
questions.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,357 Views)

Hi all,

After much delay and anticipation, we finally released a fix to this. It is included in the 10.1.0.1 update. Quoting Nestor:

If you have version 10.1 you can install this new update. The recommended process is to use the new NI Update Service that is installed with your software. Go to Start » All Programs » National Instruments » NI Update Service, click Check for Updates and you will see the 10.1.0.1 entry.

The other option is to download the update from the Drivers and Updates website of NI. You can also look at a complete description of what is included in this update. The link is provided below:

NI Circuit Design Suite 10.1.0.1

Happy holdidays all and enjoy.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(2,226 Views)

A better solution to this whole net connect issue is to create a custom 2 port part and connect one port ot each net to be connected.  the part I use is what I call a 'solder dot'.  It's essitially or round bare metal dot with a narrow split down the middle.  The nets are not actually connected.  To connect just apply a dot of solder (in the real world, not UB).  This is also very handy for connection option, like mount screws to digital or analog ground or left open.  It's also great for regulator outputs.  You can test the regulators and make sure all the voltages are correct and then apply the solder dot to hook them up.

I could post my part to kittmaster if I can remember how.

David B

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,928 Views)