Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisim using CD4538

I need help connecting CD4538 to the cicuit attached, to make DC to AC inverting circuit..

I am not sure how to connect each other.

CD4538 was used because it was comparable with CD4047s

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,779 Views)

Hi shin0101

Can you elaborate a little bit more on your post? I cannot see the attachment. Are you trying to connect the CD4538 using the diagram for the CD4047?

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,762 Views)
Yeah i having trouble connecting CD4538 to use it as CD4047 as shown in the picture
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,757 Views)

Which is the picture that you are using and what are the results that you are getting with it? have you already checked the device pinouts to confirm that the inputs and values are the right ones?

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,754 Views)

This is the diagram that I was working on.. when I searched the forum they say I can use CD4538 to subsitute the CD4037 I attached the multisim file Or is there another way to use CD4037 in my circuit?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,747 Views)

Thank you for uploading the circuit, I have opened and compared it with the ones I found online for the CD4037, and they look pretty much the same, so should I assume that you have already looked at the datasheets of both components to determine if the pinout is the same?

If you found that they can be used as a sustitute I would think that there schematic should be very similar to get the response that you want, but the confirmation of the wiring is somehting that you can get from the devices datasheet.

Here you can find the ilnks for both devices datasheets so that you can compare and understand better their specifications cd4538 cd4037

Also another thing that you can do is that if you were not able to find your specific device on the Masters Database of Multisim you can also create your own component getting the cd4037 SPICE model from the manufacturer, sometimes depending on the vendor you are able to access the spice models online and after that you would only ave to follow the steps described in this tutorial to have it available on Multism as well.

Hope that you could find this helpful !

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,734 Views)

Thank you for the suggestions.

Like I mentioned, I was having trouble with CD4538 and seems the pinout in the multisim is quiet different with the datasheet for the CD 4037 and CD 4538.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,720 Views)

Hi shin0101

I am glad to see that you found the documets helpful! So were you able to find the workaround afterwards?

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,705 Views)

Not really.. It seems the pinout layout for the CD4538 in the multisim is quiet different than the actual CD4538 ..

Would you be able to show me how to connect it?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,696 Views)

So this is probably use less at this point, but in the most recent version of Multisim (14.1)  the two halfs of the CD4538 are separated by A and B inputs. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,833 Views)