Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moc 3020 in Multisim ?

hi im want to build an phase controller using opto triac MOC 2030. but i can't find it in multisim 11. any idea how to update the database??

or if anyon have anyo raleted project?

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(13,292 Views)

Hi Aiden,

We don't have this component in the database and if want to create this component for schematic purpose only, you can use the part wizard to create this component.  If have not created a new component in Multisim before, have a look at this tutorial:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3173

If you want a model for simulation, likely you will not find one.  SPICE doesn't simulate light but you can do is use a voltage control voltage source in conjunction with one of the triac already in the to emulate this part.  To emulate light, you can use a voltage source and this is the input goes to the voltage control voltage source.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(13,281 Views)

of cource you haven't such important part in your database, nither any opto-triac, really? multisim sucks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(10,176 Views)

Hi...
I can offer a working model opto-triaca moс3051

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(10,081 Views)

So, if light can't be simulated in SPICE models, how works the optocoupler models?? can't be applied the same principle to Optotriacs???. Of course, i'm saying this from the ignorance.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,081 Views)

Thank you kind sir, you saved a whole classroom

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,998 Views)