Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mct2

As anyone tried to turn on the MCT2 optoisolator is Multisim.  If you had any luck let me know.  I have a 3V DC power with a 27 ohm resistor with the MCT2 in series and it does not work. Its forward current is 50mA and forward voltage is 1.3. Still no luck.
Any hints.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,359 Views)

Ok. Here goes my try at answering your question.

I used 2001 to do all my simulations so bear this in mind just in case it may be more of a version specific problem.

I hooked up the circuit with 3.3 Volts running to the Anode of the Opto-coupler through a switch and 27 ohm resistor. I then connected the collector of the internal transistor straight back to the 3.3 Volt source. When I first tried this the Voltage at the emitter stayed at 3.3 Volts at all times. I then added a 1K resistor from the emitter to ground and then the voltage swung from real low (uV range) up to 3.03 Volts.

If the above description fits what you were seeing then it is apparent that a resistor must be attached to the emitter of the transistor in the opto-coupler in order for it to function as it should. This may be the case (and I believe that it is) for the real component.

I hope this helps. If not let me know and I can post my model for this particular opto-coupler for you to try.

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,349 Views)