Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initialize DAO/Jet db

Hi,

When I installed evaluation version of multisim I got an error "unable to initialize DAO/Jet db".

I have found some solution in internet, but none is working (register, reinstallation). My operation system is Windows 8. I know also, that it is working for my friend (same system).

What could be reason of this? And how could I fix it?

Version of Multisim is 12.0.1.

I have also Microsoft Office 2013 (like my friend) if it could help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,437 Views)

Hello,

I just want to check if you've tried this:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A0D4BDCD8ED6F2C5862571B800565831

It seems it was not tested on Windows 8 so far, so I suggest checking the path first, if it is the same as described in the KB. Thanks for testing!

Jakub Prokeš
NIEE Aplications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,406 Views)

First, sorry for my late answer.

Of course I tried this. It was one of first solutions I've found. But it didn't help.

After all I decided to reinstall my OS. And... It worked. I think that was problem of Windows 8. So if anybody would have same problem do not be surprised when you'll have to reinstall Windows.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,343 Views)

Hey, I know that you have long since found the answer to your problem; but I was recently observing this same error every time that I tried to run my student/educator edition of Multisim version 14. I searched everywhere for an answer, I tried following the following procedure with no success:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A0D4BDCD8ED6F2C5862571B800565831

I finally stumbled upon your post, which suggested reinstalling your OS. Anyways, long story short, I didn't want to go through that hassle so I kept trying things, and I found a solution for me that worked. Since I am getting this error 6 years later, I am sure others are too and I wanted to show an alternative solution for them if they experience this issue. 

In my case, the databases were accessible when I opted to run Multisim or Ultiboard as ADMIN. This fixed this issue for me and made it work and able to access all the appropriate databases. I have to run it as admin every time, but I am under the impression that if you run the initial installation as admin this will fix the issue for good.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,641 Views)