Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how i can import LMH5401.cir file in multisim

Screenshot (48).png

I get this file spice netlist from TINA software Texas instrument, it said error, can someone help me:(. i attached the file my LMH5401.cir in zip file

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,871 Views)

Hello

Do you want to import .cir file in to multisim?

(1,838 Views)

Yes , may I? This model from texas instrument and use TINA software, i convert it using TINA software in generic spice model and try to add in to multisim but it error like the picture

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,835 Views)

Hello, vendor specific models are often encrypted to be used only with their own simulator. You can check in Tina TI if this is the case by right clicking on the component and entering the macro. There could be a notice that " * Encrypted macro. Content can't be viewed.". If this is the case you cannot import the model into Multisim.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,827 Views)

hai may ask why in lt spice i can add spice model (pspice and lt3092,which is linear technology spice model) but in multisim i cant, or maybe the way i add is wrong? can you suggest me the article solution that i can refer on?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,805 Views)

Hello,

as long as you try to import a standard Spice model into Multisim it should work without issues. TI and AD/Linear are known to encrypt many of their models such that they can only be used with their own simulators, TinaTI or LTSpice.

If you have encrypted models, I'm affraid the only path is to talk to the vendors for a non-encrypted model...Maybe they are willing to offer one. If not, then you are restricted to the simulator that can work with the encrytped models.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,802 Views)