From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dtmf 8870

I want to simulate a project with a component 8870 dtmf but I'm not able to find this component in multisim 9.155 parts database.
please help reagrading this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,503 Views)
You are correct. The part itself is probably not there. You have two options at this point. 1. Find a model that works from the internet and create your own component and symbol with that model. 2 .Find a schematic for that IC, put it in Multisim and create a model from that using a technique I described yesterday in a post I made.

Either way you are going to have to create this component unless you find someone who has already done so and would share his model and symbol information.

It is a pain when you would like to have a component to simulate and it is not there (I don't guess they can put everything in there that you may need at any given point in time and they put in what is used most often and  available). This is where a Multism Parts Website would come in handy. That way users and devolopers could share models and symbols freely. I think this would make Multisim more versatile in the long run as we could keep our parts updated to new technology and add new devices that come available.

The last statement is one of my wishlist things and is not intended to reflect badly of Multisim, which is ,in my opinion, an outstanding circuit simulator. I have found none better that is as easy to use  without having to have a technical degree in Spice.
Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,499 Views)
Thank U for your reply man

Can some one help me in getting spice model for dtmf 8870 or kt3170.
W'll be appriciated.

Message Edited by 5000637 on 03-29-2007 06:44 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,480 Views)