Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compatibility multisim with windows 8.1

Hello,

I have a very specifici question and I don't know how answer it.

My situatio is: 

- I have LabView 2013 / Multisim 13 / Ultiboard 13 

- I just Updated to Windows 8.1

Before updating to Windows 8.1, all the before mentioned software were working perfectly and after the update they still work but for example, the Multsim 13 takes arround 10 min to open and to run the simulation and perform a simple operation such as Copy/Paste of a component. At first thought I thought that this a compatibility problem and I searched for information in the web and I found that all the before mentioned software is perfectly compatible with Win 8.1 ( http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B972242574D4BB99862575A7007520CBhttp://www.ni.com/labview/os-support/esa/http://www.ni.com/multisim/whatis/ossupport/esa/ ) but still they are causing me problems and I don't know how to fix it.

Things that I have done in order to solve the problem:

- Update all National Instruments Software (NI Update Service)

- Check compatibility

- Reinstall the entire National Instruments Software and Update it again

- Check if my PC can support the National Instruments Software

Thank you all for your attention, I will be very pleased if you can help me.

Kind Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(9,003 Views)

Hi there,

1. Try to run your applications in compatibility mode to see if the problem still exists.

Capture.PNG

2. Check any anti-virus software that blocks the applications.

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(8,978 Views)

Hello,

Sorry for my late reply.

I did exactly what you recomended me and the problem still exists and when I run the troubleshooter it says that the program is not compatible with Windows 8.1.

Thanks for the help.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(8,929 Views)

Hi there,

Recently, we released a new patch for the Circuit Design Suite as well as LabVIEW, you can download them to see if it helps.

Capture.PNG

Also, you can try virtual machine like VMWare, you can install a Win 7 system inside the virtual machine.

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(8,921 Views)

Hi there,

Because when you are using Multisim, some of the components are read from LabVIEW, it is probably the compatibility of LabVIEW that crashed your computer performance. You can try installing only the Multisim to see if it is working fine.

On the LabVIEW Operating System Support Table, it shows that LabVIEW 2013 is not compatible with Windows 8.1, you can also choose either upgrade to LabVIEW 2013 SP1 or downgrade your system to Windows 8. 

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(8,913 Views)

Hello,

Thanks to all for the attention.

I updated everything, and installed only multisim and still does not work properly, I also checked the anti-virus if it has blocked something and it's clean.

This is the strangest problem that I have ever seen on this program. I even repaired it from the Control Panel - Uninstall Program and still the same thing.

I even send and email to National Instruments 3 weeks ago and they haven't replied so I am asking here in the forum if someone can help me.

Chen_T escribió:

Hi there,

Because when you are using Multisim, some of the components are read from LabVIEW, it is probably the compatibility of LabVIEW that crashed your computer performance. You can try installing only the Multisim to see if it is working fine.

On the LabVIEW Operating System Support Table, it shows that LabVIEW 2013 is not compatible with Windows 8.1, you can also choose either upgrade to LabVIEW 2013 SP1 or downgrade your system to Windows 8. 

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Chen_T escribió:

Hi there,

Capture.PNG

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(8,909 Views)

Hi there,

Don't worry, I will help you solve the problem and could you please tell me your System Information in detail (found under the System Tools inside the Accessories) and all the software information like 32-bit or 64-bit edition of LabVIEW etc. What was the OS you use before? I will try to duplicate the error and analyze it.

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(8,900 Views)

Hello Chen_T,

-My PC

Win 8.1 64 bit / Inter Core i7 2.4 GHz / RAM 8GB 

-LavView 

SP1 32 bit / 4.5 driver for MyDaq / multisim 13 / ultiboard 13

Thank you for your attention

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(8,877 Views)

Hi there,

LabVIEW 2013 SP1, Multisim 13 and Ultiboard 13 can support Windows 8.1. But NI ELVISmx4.5 does not support Windows 8.1 so far.

My suggestion is that you can try installing the Multisim "purely". What I mean "purely" is not only you uninstall all of the other NI products but also delete some hidden folders. Because the fist time you might installed everything but not deleted completely when you keep the Multisim only and some NI products are still running in background which can cause the failure of opening Multisim again in Win 8.1. I will show it in the following steps.

1. First, open the Folder Options under the View Tab in Win 8.1. Select the Show hidden files, folders, and drivers and click OK.

1.PNG

2. In your Control Panel, Select all your NI Products and uninstall all of them in the Programs and Features.

5.PNG

3. After uninstalling, please go to the Program Files folder where you installed these software and delete this National Instruments folder completely.

2.PNG

4. Under your system folder, there is a hidden folder called Program Data, delete this folder too.

3.PNG

5. There might be one more hidden folder under the Users\AppData\Local, delete this too.

4.PNG

6. Now reset your computer and install only the Multisim to see if it crashes.

By the way, I am curious that where did you send the email to NI and where are you located, could you please tell us? Therefore, we can give you a better support to solve this problem.

Hope this helps, let's keep in touch.

Regards,

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(8,866 Views)

Hello again,

I uninstaled everything and errased every single folder that had something related to NI, i restarted the system and I instaled only Multisim and it still makes the same problem.

The email I sended to an email that I always used to contact NI if I had problems: www.ni.com/support 

Thank you for the attention

Chen_T escribió:

Hi there,

LabVIEW 2013 SP1, Multisim 13 and Ultiboard 13 can support Windows 8.1. But NI ELVISmx4.5 does not support Windows 8.1 so far.

My suggestion is that you can try installing the Multisim "purely". What I mean "purely" is not only you uninstall all of the other NI products but also delete some hidden folders. Because the fist time you might installed everything but not deleted completely when you keep the Multisim only and some NI products are still running in background which can cause the failure of opening Multisim again in Win 8.1. I will show it in the following steps.

1. First, open the Folder Options under the View Tab in Win 8.1. Select the Show hidden files, folders, and drivers and click OK.

1.PNG

2. In your Control Panel, Select all your NI Products and uninstall all of them in the Programs and Features.

5.PNG

3. After uninstalling, please go to the Program Files folder where you installed these software and delete this National Instruments folder completely.

2.PNG

4. Under your system folder, there is a hidden folder called Program Data, delete this folder too.

3.PNG

5. There might be one more hidden folder under the Users\AppData\Local, delete this too.

4.PNG

6. Now reset your computer and install only the Multisim to see if it crashes.

By the way, I am curious that where did you send the email to NI and where are you located, could you please tell us? Therefore, we can give you a better support to solve this problem.

Hope this helps, let's keep in touch.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(8,860 Views)