From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

branch currents abm voltage source

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

How do I access the current through the resistor in the ABM voltage source?

1.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(10,555 Views)

I think I'mma answer my own question. 

1.png

What I did was get the voltage across the 5 ohm resistor and divide it by its resistance. the I() function doesnt hold for other circuit elements aside from voltage sources or inductors. Is there any way I could model my ABM source when the resistance varies (like a potentiometer).

1.png

1.png

Are there other ways to link an element's parameter (resistance, capacitance) to the abm source? All I could find from the multisim user guide is voltage.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(10,542 Views)

One way to get the current is to insert an independent voltage source with a value of 0 V. This has no effect on the circuit otherwise but allows access to the current value.

Lynn

Message 3 of 7
(10,532 Views)

Hi Lynn,

I tried your suggestion and still cant manage to get the I() function working. This is what I did.

1.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(10,526 Views)

I do not have Multisim so I cannot help with problems specific to that.  When I run this in my SPICE program it works fine. Note that the controlled source is set to V = I(V5).

Lynn

Controlled source.png

Message 5 of 7
(10,510 Views)
Solution
Accepted by controlswhiz

I finally managed to access the current through the resistor. Others may want to see "Referencing Currents" in the Multisim Help.

1.png

1.png

Message 6 of 7
(10,497 Views)

Я не могу это симулировать
что за аргументы V,V,3 ???

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,447 Views)