cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

branch currents abm voltage source

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

How do I access the current through the resistor in the ABM voltage source?

1.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(10,495 Views)

I think I'mma answer my own question. 

1.png

What I did was get the voltage across the 5 ohm resistor and divide it by its resistance. the I() function doesnt hold for other circuit elements aside from voltage sources or inductors. Is there any way I could model my ABM source when the resistance varies (like a potentiometer).

1.png

1.png

Are there other ways to link an element's parameter (resistance, capacitance) to the abm source? All I could find from the multisim user guide is voltage.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(10,482 Views)

One way to get the current is to insert an independent voltage source with a value of 0 V. This has no effect on the circuit otherwise but allows access to the current value.

Lynn

Message 3 of 7
(10,472 Views)

Hi Lynn,

I tried your suggestion and still cant manage to get the I() function working. This is what I did.

1.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(10,466 Views)

I do not have Multisim so I cannot help with problems specific to that.  When I run this in my SPICE program it works fine. Note that the controlled source is set to V = I(V5).

Lynn

Controlled source.png

Message 5 of 7
(10,450 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author controlswhiz

I finally managed to access the current through the resistor. Others may want to see "Referencing Currents" in the Multisim Help.

1.png

1.png

Message 6 of 7
(10,437 Views)

Я не могу это симулировать
что за аргументы V,V,3 ???

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,387 Views)