Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applying part edit to all parts

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a design in ultiboard with many resistors, capacitors, transistors etc. I would like to change ALL the pad sizes to the design rules pad sizes and I would also like to change the position of the pads on the transistors (all of which have the same footprint) is there a way I can do this without manually doing it for every part? i.e. modify them all at the same time or modify one and update all the others in the design? Manually doing each of them is quite laborious   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,866 Views)

Hi pgo48,

What you can do is edit one shape and then save that to the database by going to Tools >> Database >> Add Selection to Database. When you have added it to the database, you can select the parts which you want to replace with the new shape and go to Tools >> Replace Parts. Select the new shape from your database.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,863 Views)
Solution
Accepted by pgo48

If you used a part from the master database you can't edit it in there!

So, first copy (or save) that part to your user database with the same name.

fyi: Ultiboard will first look in the user databas, then in the master database.

After you changed the part and saved it (with the same name!) then simply do "update shapes" and all shapes will be updated, without needing to select.

beware, all parts, not just the ones you edited, all will be updated...

Best regards

stressed user

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,830 Views)

thanks both of you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,826 Views)