From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the difference between Multisim simulation results and real world circuitry

Hi. I am developing some new circuitry in Multisim version 12.

The problem is after running numerous simulations, I believed that my model was finally complete.

I then moved to testing using a solderless breadboard only to realize the simulations were wrong.

Are there any others who have experienced this?

How did you resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,740 Views)

Define "wrong". Slight differences? completely different?

Can you guarantee that you did not make any mistakes?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,716 Views)

It's completely different.

I ordered the exact same components online that I used in the simulation and used the exact voltage to two decimal places.

The voltage, current, frequencies I measured from the solder-less breadboard were completely different from the simulation.

Should I proceed using the real world devices and ignore the Multi-sim simulation results?

Which is very disappointing.

@altenbach wrote:

Define "wrong". Slight differences? completely different?

Can you guarantee that you did not make any mistakes?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,711 Views)

Depending on the component that you use for simulation the result may be different because of parameters like temperature, or even spice model used. Multisim default temperature is 27 deg. C. If you built an amplifier with transistors and try your circuit at a different temperature, you will get different result. You didn't post your circuit, so answering this question is difficult.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,527 Views)