Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to save various Ultiboard print configurations / scripting?

I submitted an enhancement idea some time back to allow for saving various print configurations in Ultiboard.  A few versions back they added this capability for export configurations.  No one has responded to my feature request for doing the same for printing so I might try another approach.

It seems this could be set up by using a utility such as AutoHotKeys.  The largest challenge is selecting the layers desired to print from the dropdown boxes.  This could be done by driving the cursor, scroll bars and mouse clicks with XY co-ordinates, but a much more robust way would be to know the 'names' of the various window control buttons, options and drop down selections so they can be addressed explicitly in the script.

Does anyone know if this information can be obtained for NI, or discovered in some other manner?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,670 Views)

Hello dbur,

By printing the configurations you mean the layers? Is this what you mean?

print.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,609 Views)

That is the print configuration window that I would like to be able to save configurations for.  If you notice once you choose your layers and order them the way you want there is no way to save that config.  If I want to do another print config and then be able to come back to the first config later I'm just out of luck.  I have to re-do the first config again to do that.  I would like to have configs for:

1. full doc output

2. selected docs for design review output

3. docs for assm dwg

4. docs for fab dwg

Each of these will possibly choose different layers and print parameters.  I don't won't to keep redoing it for each doc type set I want to print.

As it is only the last print config is remembered by the print screen and when you change it the last config is gone forever.

Just making it work the way export works now would be great, but it requires NI to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,606 Views)

Hello dbur,

Thanks! I totally understand what you mean, and I agree, it is a good idea. Since you already suggested this in the Forum ( http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multisim-and-Ultiboard-Idea/idb-p/multisimideas ) I am pretty sure that the corresponding team will be evaluating that so they can add it to future versions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,597 Views)

I'm not so sure anyone pays any attention to that list.  I've pointed out defects several versions ago and been told the fix was in for the next version but still no fixes even in the last release.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,594 Views)