From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage measurement for Begginer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello l am a total beginner to multisim and have come to ask for help. I have read some tutorials and videos but can't seem to put it all together. I have an question asking me to detemine V1 and Vo inside a circuit but l'm not sure what v1 even is. I have included the question and the progress l've completed on it. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,590 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DWill30

Hi, 

Well, you will find multiple "VXs" depending on your circuit. V is for voltage and the number depends on the net. So for example V1 will be the voltage on net 1. So, V1 is only a reference that Multisim assign to keep tracking of the different variables on the circuit, but it will change depending on how you build the circuit. 

So, in regards of your questions it seems that Vo is for the output voltage, and I will assumed that V1 is the voltage on net one. But on the image you attached it didn't specifies what is V1. You can see on the other picture that each net has a numer 1, 2, 3 and 0. Normally net 0 refers to GND. 

Regards,

Héctor Miranda

Message 2 of 3
(2,537 Views)

Thank you for the help. l was able to figure out the underlying concept after your explanation.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,505 Views)