Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage-Controlled Triangle Wave

I am trying to use the Voltage-Controlled Triangle Wave, since this is the first time I work with this component decided test it before starting. When I tested it in the range from 0 to 1khz it works properly but when I tested it at 1Mhz its performance was very estrange, desappear the oscilations.  Since this is a virtual component it is supposed to work perfectly doesn’t matter what setting is.

Could somebody duplicate my testing and confirm back if you got the same results?

SOURCES / CONTROLED_VOLTAGE_SOURCE / VOLTAGE-CONTROLLED TRIANGLE WAVE

I am using a very simple setting, so please get me wrong if I missed some electrical concept.

Thanks in abvanced,

Roosvelt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,289 Views)
please see attached the screen of the properties window
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,276 Views)
You should change the timestep accordingly in order to achieve good results.
Try going to Simulate >> Interactive Simulation Settings...  and change the Maximum Time Step (TMAX) field to 1e-007. That will make a 1 MHz signal work fine. If you are going to higher frequencies set a smaller time step... however, this will slow down the rest of your simulation, so look for an optimal setting.
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,263 Views)

Nestor ,thank you a lot.

By reducing the time steps to 1e-7 the problems with the voltage-controlled Triangle wave were fixed and at the same time many other problems that I had in another circuits too.

Sincerely,

Roosvelt Sanchez

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,231 Views)