Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable frequency audio amplifier

Good morning to everyone in the community. If you could give me a hand. I am a newbie in the world of electronics.

I am making in multisim a circuit consisting of a 555 timer in astable mode and an LM386 amplifier.

You will see that it has two stages. Since there is no speaker, I changed it to a buzzer. The problem is that when I designed it if it was beeping. Now I get an error, I have done it several times I have the same (joining the two stages). A theoretical question, in my non-inverting amplifier I have to output a square signal (555 timer) when measuring the final signal on the oscilloscope, should I get a constant line?

Proyecto2.jpg

Well, I have made some modifications to what my multisim file is. It would help me a lot if you can answer and modify it.

In advance, I thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,445 Views)

Hi UniDaniel,

... A theoretical question, in my non-inverting amplifier I have to output a square signal (555 timer) when measuring the final signal on the oscilloscope, should I get a constant line?

This is just a "theoretical answer" based only on the image. I am only using Multisim Live so I can't open the attached Multisim circuit.

You are supposed to get an ac signal but if you run the simulation with all the configuration switches open "constant line" is expected at the output. You should probe the output of the 555 timer to isolate the problem. Close at least one of the switches. If the final output is still a constant line, the signal obtained from the output of the timer will help you determine if the problem is in 555 or LM386 side.

If the problem is in 555 timer, there are plenty of circuits and references which you can consult. You can test or experiment with LM386 using a signal source (ac source, signal generator, etc.).

Best regards,

G. Goodwin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,368 Views)